Wednesday, September 7, 2011

What Became of our Broken Hearted?


We had the our first broken heart at the Gale household.
That's right. Roxy had her first break up.
The neighbor dogs broke into our backyard and played with Roxy and Chance. Roxy and the big dog acted in love and all was going well until they started stealing toys from us, then he tried to take Roxy's ball and that was not something she was ready to share with him. So they got in a little tissy fit fight and then he went back to his yard and the neighbors found the hole and blocked it off. That night Roxy came in the house and went straight to bed, 3 hours earlier than normal. Since then she has been acting very strange for her. We thought she was sick or like the other dog had actually hurt her and we didn't know about it. We were thinking we needed to take her into the vet. Then it hit me! I told Roger, "I think Roxy is heartbroken!" Roger just laughed and said, "Maybe." Suddenly tonight she was immediately acting like her normal self when she came inside the house from a potty break. I looked out back and sure enough, the dogs broke into our backyard again and there sat the love of Roxy's life!
Poor Roxy, breakups are so hard. I'm glad she and her lover dog have been able to work things out.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment