Happy Chinese New Year! As promised, here is a post on our festivities of the day!
We decorated the kitchen and gave the kids their "red envelopes" that mommy made.
They opened them up and got their money!
And they put the money in their piggy banks.
Then we made "Chinese Fans" and played with them with daddy while he was home for lunch!
(Technically, our lanterns and fans probably should have been red since that is the lucky color, but I was out of red paper after making the red envelopes.)
Then we made our "dragons"!
Then we went out and had our own little "dragon parade" on the trampoline!
P.S. I don't know if orchids are typically used as decor. in China, but they look Asian to me, and I'm secretly an orchid addict! If they weren't so expensive I'd have them in every room in my house!
Aren't they beautiful!? I LOVE my orchids!
We were going to make some Chinese food for dinner too, but after all those festivities, Amy caught the lazy bug (I'm sure none of you have ever had that problem before)! So since we have left over pizza from Kole's birthday last night, we decided to just have that for dinner.
Happy Chinese New Year!
新年快乐
No comments:
Post a Comment