The kids and I have been going to the base Library's summer reading program once a week to help give us something to do while daddy sleeps (He has been working 72+ hours a week. All night long and has to sleep all day.)
Story time has been so fun! First the librarian reads some stories, then we do a craft, and then they get their prize (for having stories read to them every night) and there is even a library dog (the librarian brings her sheep dog to story time). This years theme is 'A mid-summer knight's dream'. They have done things about dragons, kings and queens, princes and princesses, and knights!
They made crowns and their reading prize was a ball with swirly liquid that lights up!
Today Roger is going in for his pre-deployment reaction test and it's reminded me how quickly time is going by and it's coming up... Yikes. Time can just stop now if it would like... Looking at Abby's school calendar I was realizing all the fun "firsts" that Abby will be having that Roger will be missing... Not to mention her 5th birthday, Kole's 3rd birthday, and Ammon's 1st birthday. And Ammon's first Christmas and all those other fun things! I think I've found a way to include him as much as possible though. I'm just hoping the kids and I survive while he's gone... I'm sure we will, but I just don't know HOW well we'll survive! We might be eating cereal for every meal. ;)
Hope all is well with all our loved ones!
No comments:
Post a Comment