So Amy decided our date nights (or complete lack of them) could use a little pick-me-up. So she came up with a crazy idea (aren't all her ideas crazy?). The deal was, if we had fun then we had to do a date night every week, and we'd have to trade off who planned the date every other weekend, and they have to be cheap and wacky.
Here's date night #1...
The invitation...
First, we had to wait for sun down, so we played some card games to pass the time...
And ate our first snack... I did one that wouldn't give away the theme for the night...
You know... For the exploding rocks in space... I'm pretty sure there are exploding rocks in space...??
Then once it started getting dark out I played this to help Roger guess what the nights theme was...
Ok, corny, I know... But I was trying to find anything and everything space related since we would be laying on the trampoline looking at the stars!
So after the date night's theme song was played we went onto the rest of the night's activities...
I had candles at the back door arranged in a star shape. There were 5 candles for each of us, and so we took turns telling each other something that we loved about each other (harder than you'd think) and then blowing out a candle.
Then we went out to the tramp that I had decorated previously with glow in the dark stars (some of that glow in the dark glue stuff that we had in our craft cupboard).
And had our other snacks...
Galaxy Rolls... You know, because the white swirls look like galaxies... Haha!
Star shaped fruit roll-ups!
Then I pulled out... The glow sticks!
I told him we had to make something (creative & clean, cause I know how men's minds work) for each other to wear...
I made Roger... A visor!! Haha!
He made me glasses! Haha!
Then we laid on the tramp covered in glowing stars and looked at the few stars we could see on our bright Air Force Base for a second... Then we moved onto...
Me making Roger some antenna and laughing at him... And since we started the night with the Star Wars theme song, we finished the night with a light saber (glow stick) fight.
Here is Roger showing off his awesome moves...
The conclusion... It was a night of crazy fun and we will continue doing it every weekend while Roger is here... His turn to plan the day this Saturday! And the total of this date was $6 for 3 packs of pop rocks, 12 galaxy rolls, 6 star roll-ups, 10 glow sticks, and 15 teacups candles... Thank you Dollar Tree store...

No comments:
Post a Comment