I have been busy this week potty training Ammon. It's been interesting (as potty training always is!). He's doing alright with it. An accident here and there and still haven't had any success with getting #2 done in the potty, but we are sticking with it.
Monday I walked into the kitchen to discover Ammon on the counter, peeing on the countertop. Later that day we could be found in the pickup line at Abby's school with Ammon in the back of the car sitting on a potty seat while we waited.
Tuesday Ammon informed me, "(he) pooped in my (his) clothes". He then stuck his fingers in it and ran has hands through his hair.
Thursday he said he wanted to "poop on the grass".
We had a bit of a backslide Wednesday when Ammon decided it was no longer fun to have to get up and go to the bathroom all the time. I prayed about what to do with him and got the inspiration to have him 'target practice' with fruit loops in the potty. Kole showed him how it was done and Ammon has been doing great since! He has even tried to do #2 at the fruit loop too, he hasn't, but he hasn't done it in his undies either...
Last night I had a nightmare. We were somewhere public and I took Ammon to the potty and his urine hit inside the toilet and sprayed right back onto my pants making it look (and smell) like I had wet myself! So I had to take off my pants and wrap a blanket around myself. I was hoping people wouldn't notice my lack of clothing, but everyone did and I was humiliated. Pretty bad when the mother is having nightmares about potty training!
Last night I had a nightmare. We were somewhere public and I took Ammon to the potty and his urine hit inside the toilet and sprayed right back onto my pants making it look (and smell) like I had wet myself! So I had to take off my pants and wrap a blanket around myself. I was hoping people wouldn't notice my lack of clothing, but everyone did and I was humiliated. Pretty bad when the mother is having nightmares about potty training!
Here are some recent pics!
No comments:
Post a Comment