We've had quite the day today! We got up, went to church, nothing new there... Got home ate lunch and then went to make a salad that has toasted sesame seeds and almonds in it. So, naturally, I put them on a tray and in the oven to toast them... Then I got distracted. With 3 shorties running around and the stress of Roger leaving in a few hours after this happened to start his training for his new job that he will be gone for 2 months for, and with the house (my parent's house) we are staying in being sold by the end of the month, us having no place to stay and not being able to find ANYWHERE to rent that will allow our dogs and that we can afford on Roger's training pay, and trying to buy a house, WHAT IN THE WORLD WOULD BE DISTRACTING ME!? So suddenly, I smell the seeds/nuts burning. I whip open the oven to pull them out, and they are on fire! I close the oven, turn it off, and race to get out the fire extinguisher in case I need it. I open the oven back up and flames start coming out! I start looking for the pin to pull on the extinguisher, guess what, old extinguishers apparently don't have pins. I calmed myself and figured it out and used it. I got the fire out no problem... But then was the time to clean up the mess from the extinguisher. Guess what, that powder gets EVERYWHERE!!!! It was on everything in the entire kitchen! After spending several hours deep cleaning the kitchen and oven I went to shower it off and then was time for Roger to leave. Kole started crying, "I don't want you to leave again!!!!" and all that jazz. My nerves are really shot. After some crying and calling my parents who are on vacation right now to tell them what happened and ask what I should do with the oven now, and to offer to buy another one just like it, and to get some (very expected) criticisms... I told my sister Jessica that I should have called my parents and said, "I'm leaving the church, and Roger and I are getting a divorce cause I cheated on him and my drug dealer boyfriend has gotten me into drugs... JUST KIDDING I ONLY LIT YOUR HOUSE ON FIRE!! Phew! That could of been really bad huh!?" ... I'm just very ready to have the day over with. Unfortunately, Ammon doesn't agree that it's bed time and I'm honestly to tired to fight tonight. Bring on the next 2 months without Roger and without a place to live. I'm ready! And kids, I hope you are ready to eat microwave meals for the next 2 months, cause obviously I'm to brainless to even run an oven (even though I've been using one for at least 8 years)! BRING IT ON!!
No comments:
Post a Comment