Thursday, April 14, 2011

Springtime and Bad Moms

While up in Boise for my 2 week postpartum check-up we stopped by the MK Nature Center to enjoy the nice weather. Here are the pictures.
Abby has been begging us to do this owl thing all winter, but it has always been surrounded by mud so now that it was finally dried up she was so excited we let her do it!




He was sure excited over something!


Looking at the fish in the river. You can even see mine and Ammon's reflection above Abby! :)


Abby saw this tree with blossoms on it and said, "Popcorn on the apricot tree!!"


Ammon after his first trip to the nature center. I love this "Lil' Bro" outfit.


Wednesday while Roger was at work we had a rough evening. Kole being the wonderful 2 year old that he is was throwing a tantrum... A BIG tantrum. This tantrum went on for over 2 hours. 2 hours of screaming like he was being murdered. No matter what I did or didn't do he wouldn't calm down. It was insane... I kept waiting for his head to spin around. After 2 hours of this tantrum I started going crazy, lost my temper and started yelling at both Kole and Abby (who was not behaving very well herself). To which Abby replied, "You are not a good mommy." Heartbroken, I felt guilty for yelling and put Kole in his room so I could calm down. After he sat in his room screaming for 10-15 minutes I went in and finally got him calmed down. I couldn't help but think of something I had told a friend a few months ago, when she asked how I do it with 3 kids under 5 and I replied, "Some days it's just survival, I don't do it well, I just do it." That was one of my not done well days. 


No comments:

Post a Comment