I saw this on a friends blog and thought I'd do it too.
1. How long have you been a military wife?
5 years in August.
2. What branch of service is your husband?
United States Air Force.
United States Air Force.
3. Active/Reserve?
Active Duty.
Active Duty.
4. What is his job?
Supply/ Material Management. Basically, the guys who fix the jets come to Roger to get the parts.
Supply/ Material Management. Basically, the guys who fix the jets come to Roger to get the parts.
5. How many deployments have you gone through?
One. Luckily he has been in a "non-deployable" position for almost 2 years.
One. Luckily he has been in a "non-deployable" position for almost 2 years.
6. Camo or Dress uniforms on your man?
Umm... He looks great in both. But I probably prefer his dress blues.
Umm... He looks great in both. But I probably prefer his dress blues.
7. What do you like about being a military wife?
Umm... The medical coverage and seeing him in his uniform :)
Umm... The medical coverage and seeing him in his uniform :)
8. Do you live on base?
For sure.
For sure.
9. What is your favorite base so far?
So far, Mountain Home, cause this is the only one we've been to. We have been stuck here longer than anyone in our ward (out of the AF families anyway).
So far, Mountain Home, cause this is the only one we've been to. We have been stuck here longer than anyone in our ward (out of the AF families anyway).
10. What is the hardest part of the military life?
The fact that they pick where you live, and when your husband will be gone for weeks/months at a time.
The fact that they pick where you live, and when your husband will be gone for weeks/months at a time.
11. Do you go to the grocery store or Commissary?
Usually a grocery store for 2 reasons: 1. The commissary here is closed on Mondays and that is usually when we need to go. and 2. the people that work there scare me... Lol! They act like they hate children, and that is something I'm abundant in.
Usually a grocery store for 2 reasons: 1. The commissary here is closed on Mondays and that is usually when we need to go. and 2. the people that work there scare me... Lol! They act like they hate children, and that is something I'm abundant in.
12. Do you work or stay at home?
I stay at home, that is work in itself!
I stay at home, that is work in itself!
13. Do you have a lot of military wife friends?
Most of my friends here are military...
Most of my friends here are military...
14. Do you prefer Walmart or the BX/PX/NEX/MCX?
Usually Walmart... The BX is expensive usually.
Usually Walmart... The BX is expensive usually.
15. How did your husband propose?
Well, I had just come home from the East coast and in his bedroom he had a rose there and a poem he had written that asked me to marry him and my ring then we got married like a week later.
Well, I had just come home from the East coast and in his bedroom he had a rose there and a poem he had written that asked me to marry him and my ring then we got married like a week later.
16. Did you marry him after he joined or before?
Shortly after he joined... My dad told him "join the Air Force or don't marry Amy".
Shortly after he joined... My dad told him "join the Air Force or don't marry Amy".
17. How long have you been together?
Been together for, about 5 1/2 years? I think... And married for 4 1/2 about...
Been together for, about 5 1/2 years? I think... And married for 4 1/2 about...
18. Any kids?
3!
3!
19. Any kids yet to come?
Eh, it's possible... Depends on if I can stay sane or not... ;)
Eh, it's possible... Depends on if I can stay sane or not... ;)
20. Is your husband one of those "I am soldier hear me HOOAH" kind of guys?
Umm... He's proud of being in the military.... I guess that is what this question is asking?
Umm... He's proud of being in the military.... I guess that is what this question is asking?
21. Have you ever done combatives with your husband?
No...??
No...??
22. How many bases have you lived at?
1... For over FOUR years! Time to move us on our way AF!
1... For over FOUR years! Time to move us on our way AF!
23. If you could change one thing about the military?
I wish it could be more stable! I hate not being in control and not knowing where we will be in a few months or if my husband will be around in a month or not.
I wish it could be more stable! I hate not being in control and not knowing where we will be in a few months or if my husband will be around in a month or not.
24. Do you like military balls?
Never been to one. The mess dress is expensive and I hate having to find baby sitters.
Never been to one. The mess dress is expensive and I hate having to find baby sitters.
25. Where does your family live?
Utah.
Utah.
26. What do you do for a job?
I raise little people and keep a husband under control.
I raise little people and keep a husband under control.
27. Have you ever gotten in a fight with an NCO's wife?
No... I get along with everyone... Unless you count the fact that I fight with myself sometimes and I'm an NCO's wife...
No... I get along with everyone... Unless you count the fact that I fight with myself sometimes and I'm an NCO's wife...
28. Name one thing you do when your husband is gone.
Clean.
Clean.
29. Do you think other wives do that too?
Uhh... Let's hope so!
Uhh... Let's hope so!
No comments:
Post a Comment