Tuesday, December 14, 2010

New stuff

Shortly after returning from Utah, we got a letter in the mail saying our doctor on base had referred me to Scott L. Christensen in Boise. HALLELUJAH! We were so happy and relieved! Today was my first appointment with him and it went great! He did a quick ultrasound to check the babies heartbeat which measured at 131 bpm and he said above 130 bpm is fine. So it's on the slower end, but seems to be ok.
The doc also double checked the gender, and baby is still a boy! I'm having a difficult time getting used to that though, we thought it was a girl this whole time, so the boy thing is still settling in.
I have gained (drum roll, please) 4 lbs!! In the last MONTH! Wowzer! I guess all I had to do to jump start the weight gain was go visit my family, who gave me dessert after EVERY meal!
The doc was great though, told us that he thinks the maternity care and birth should be personal for us, so he said he would let us choose whatever we wanted as long as it was safe. We were so happy to hear that! My antibody levels were checked also and they said they would call with the results for that in about a week.
We have decided on a name, I think. Roger says this is definitely the name, I'm still just trying to realize "Emma (what we were calling baby when we thought he was a she)" is not "Emma". Anyway, the name we have picked is Ammon Isaiah Gale.
Roger is working swing shift for now. We don't mind it. It gives him more time with the kids and I during the day. A coworker is causing some issues at work, but other than that, Roger is enjoying most days.
The kids are doing good. They are as funny as ever. Abby hasn't gained any weight in the past year, since her 3 year old check-up. I know her daddy is skin and bones, but when I realized she has only gained 20 lbs since she was born, now I've gotten a little worried and wonder what the doctors will say when we take her in for her yearly check-up next month. Not to mention, Kole only weighs 4 lbs less than her, even though he is 2 years younger and about 6 inches shorter.
Kole said family prayer all by himself the other night. It was SO cute! It took him quite a while though, since he just kept repeating, "Thank you day. Thank you blessings. Thank you day. Thank you blessings." for a while before finishing. And Abby has recently added "Thank you for Jesus. Thank you for everybody." to her prayers. Can we say ADORABLE kids!? We love the little people that terrorize our house, and we can't wait to add another one to the brood. And I can't imagine anything I'd rather be doing with my life.

Things to Remember

Dec. 10 I just went to the fridge to get both my kids and I an an apple and discovered they ALL have a few bites taken out of each one... Hmm... Wonder how that happened...


Dec. 12 Abby (talking in the high pitched voice you use on babies and scratching our dog's head) said, "Are you my dog? Are you my dog? Yes you are! Yes, you my dog!"


Dec. 13 Abby and Kole were looking out the window discussing the truck that is blocking off our driveway. I told them it is a moving truck and Abby turns to Kole and says all knowingly, "Yeah, Kole it's a movie truck. It has movies in it." I laughed and explained what a MOVING truck is.


Dec. 13 Abby just asked, "When I pretend I a dog, can I go potty outside?" I just knew I'd have to answer that question sooner or later since Abby follows our dog around and calls her mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment